Friday, August 25, 2017

Resort on the Runway -- Palm Beach Swim Week -- Hermilia Yves Couture

By Rachel Galvin

Liliy Banks showed off quite a large resort collection at Palm Beach Swim Week's first day. The collection of  Hermilia Yves Couture was inspired by Liliy's mother, who battled Pancreatic Cancer.

"My mother was once a fashion designer.   My mother loved flowy garments and loved to make a bold statement. The color green was actually my mother favorite color. I used the color pink to contrast the collections. My mother passed away due to Pancreatic cancer on June 13, 2015, a day after my wedding anniversary.  My mother's death empowered me to continue designing," said Banks.

Here are a few snaps from the collection from the runway.
 

©Rachel Galvin, 2017
Liliy Banks, designer for Hermilia Yves Couture.

No comments: